CQ71 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CQ71 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tester won't give a battery any extra life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Tester won't give a battery any extra life Empty
PostSubject: Tester won't give a battery any extra life   Tester won't give a battery any extra life EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Q: I have some sort of 2003 BMW Z4. The battery died twice without warning because of old their age. I've been advised to be sure it regularly, especially after twelve months. I bought a $50 battery tester then i can check it myself any week. Is this is a nice plan in terms connected with battery reliability? A: I admire your enthusiasm to test it regularly, but how is testing it likely to prolong its life? It isn't, but it may supply you with an idea of when it's starting to fail. Electric battery life is somewhat capricious. Most automotive batteries seem to survive three to five years -- nicely per their warranties. I don't think a car owner can extend the relationship of a battery, but I actually do believe a car master can shorten it's everyday life. The major factors in battery life appear to be environmental/ambient temperatures, state from charge, level of electrolyte, high quality of terminal connections in addition to security of battery bracket. Car owners can't keep on it from getting frigid outside, but they can influence additional factors. If you absolutely do not want to cope with a dead battery, there is a relatively simple answer: Replace the battery every 2 or 3 years. Is this likely wasteful? Yes, but if you don't accidentally discharge the wide variety by leaving the lgts on or something comparable, the car will generally start. Install a completely new battery. A fully accused automotive battery at room in your home temperature should develop 12. 6 volts, give or have a tenth or two. Double-check the voltage in the battery itself with an electronic digital voltmeter. If it concurs with the 12. 1-volt reading through, it is weak. I suspect you'll see a little more voltage at the wide variety, but if it's not likely above 12. 3, the actual battery is suspect. You could have both the battery in addition to alternator load tested to ensure their performance, but the voltage readings we can see with the engine running indicate of the fact that alternator is performing typically.
Back to top Go down
https://cq71.forumotion.com

Tester won't give a battery any extra life
Page 1 of 1